Posted on the : 8th November 2017
Able UK Ltd is a dynamic, multi-disciplined business operating in diversified sectors, including land and marine decommissioning projects, ports, construction and asset management.
Able UK are seeking a dedicated, motivated and experienced candidate to join their Accounts Department at their Head Office in Billingham, Teesside.
- Reporting to the Group Accountant, the successful candidate will play an essential role in supporting the accounts department, Group Accountant and the Senior Management Team by completing routine clerical and accountancy.
- Assist in the producing the Monthly management accounts pack in a timely manner for reporting to the Board of directors.
- Carry out variance analyses against budgets for financial accounts and contract costing on a monthly basis.
- Assist in preparing budgets and costings analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of business plans and monitoring of same.
- Prepare financial documents such as invoices, bills and schedule accounts payable and receivable.
- Reconcile purchase ledger with purchase orders and deal with any discrepancies arising.
- Monthly control account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations including client account.
- Assist in preparing year end audit files, assist the auditors in their field work as requested.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Fundamental competencies are required for the post of Assistant Accountant. These are;
- Decision making capability.
- Numeracy capabilities.
- Excellent IT competencies are essential for this role. In particular excel, word & familiarity with accounting systems is required.
- Must be organised, methodical and logical in carrying out these duties.
- It is imperative to be a good communicator both verbally and literally.
- These are considered basic and essential requirements to successfully fill this position.
- A certain level of previous experience will be essential in fulfilling this role.
- Experience in any of the Groups’ areas of activity, will be seen as a distinct advantage.
- Previous experience in a similar role/position is deemed essential.
- A professional qualification such as AAT would be deemed an advantage.
- Currently studying for a recognised Accountancy qualification will also be deemed an advantage.
- The applicant must have a minimum 5 GCSE’s A to C grade including Maths & English.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated experience in IT applications would be an advantage.
- Excellent people skills and working as part of a team.
- Telephony and good communication skills.
- Need to be of a personable disposition, easy to work with and relate to clients & employees alike.
- Possess personal qualities such as integrity, credibility and commitment
The position will command a competitive package, based on the candidate’s experience.
Please send your CV to our Recruitment Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return To Vacancies...