Posted on the : 10th March 2017
OBJECTIVE & REQUIREMENTS
- Reporting directly to the Engineering Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the production of drawings relating to external works for major infrastructure developments
- They will play an essential role in supporting the team with drawings to enable preparation and completion of projects
- We require a civil/structural technician with extensive experience of using AutoCAD
- This role requires an individual who has organisation and prioritising skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Experience working on large infrastructure schemes including earthworks, roads, drainage and buildings is required
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of highway and drainage standards
- The role will be based at ABLE’s headquarters in Billingham
- The position will command a competitive package, based on the candidate’s experience.
- You will liaise effectively with the Management Team and colleagues to provide drawings at a high standard to enable project planning and completion.
- Develop existing drawings to project requirements
- Liaise closely with the design engineers to ensure smooth operation and clear interpretation of drawings
- Accurately produce in depth drawings for earthworks, roads, drainage and building projects using AutoCAD
- You will be required to attend design meetings with internal and external functions as and when required
- You must have the ability to understand and interpret technical drawings
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- ONC/HNC Civil Engineering or an equivalent is preferred
- Fully conversant using AutoCAD and other design software such as PDS, Key-Terra Firma, Civil 3D and Micro Drainage
- Must be computer literate and conversant with the Microsoft packages
- The applicant should have significant experience of working in a related industry and should be able to function at all levels of the business.
Applicants should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing a full CV.
Return To Vacancies...