ECOLOGICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL CLERK OF WORKS
Posted on the : 14th August 2017
Able UK Ltd are seeking a suitably qualified Ecological & Environmental Clerk of Works for coastal located construction, flood defence and habitat creation projects based in Killingholme.
The role will be based between Head Office in Billingham, Teesside and Killinghome, North Lincolnshire.
The person will report to the Project Manager.
- Compliance with Company and Project safety, health and environment regulations;
- Ensuring development is in accordance with planning conditions and regulatory requirements.
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with site specific documents (e.g. Construction Method Statement, Construction Environmental Management Plan).
- Monitor and ensuring effectiveness of mitigation measures and where applicable make recommendations for improvements.
- Making informed decisions about mechanisms to ensure environmental compliance in cases of amended engineering working practices.
- Noise and light monitoring.
- Pollution prevention and mitigation
- Co-ordinating and assisting in estuarine bird surveys., and other ecological assessments as required Be aware of how construction can impact upon species and what legislation and guidance is applicable for this.
- Convey clear and concise information in both written and verbal format to colleagues, clients, contractors and third parties.
- Produce technical reports using I.T. software (Microsoft Office). Exposure to Document Management Systems/and or Resource Planning software would be advantageous.
- Competency with standard MS Office applications, including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Demonstrate the ability to work efficiently and logically in high-pressured situations.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Pre-requisites for the candidate must include:
- A degree or equivalent in a biological, environmental or ecological discipline
- it is essential that you have demonstrable experience in a similar role, fulfilling comparable duties and responsibilities as discussed above
- Experience and awareness of how construction can impact upon species and what legislation and guidance is applicable for this.
- Membership of the Association of Environmental Clerk of Works with experience working on large construction sites and producing professional environmental reports;
- Excellent interpersonal skills being able to build meaningful relationships with stakeholders at all levels involved in projects; further to this, you will have the depth of character when called upon to act when things are not being done within guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills being able to convey clear and concise information in both written and verbal format to colleagues, clients, contractors and third parties.
- Be capable of producing technical reports.
- Proficient user of I.T. software (Microsoft Office). Exposure to Document Management Systems and/or Enterprise Resource Planning software would be advantageous.
- Competency with standard MS Office applications, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (GIS skills desirable); and,
- Hold a CSCS Card (ideally Supervisors Card).
- Hold a full drivers licence
- To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
HOURS OF WORK
Monday-Friday: 08:00-17:30 hrs
The position will command a competitive package, based on the candidate’s experience.
Please send your CV to our Recruitment Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return To Vacancies...