Posted on the : 25th August 2017
Able UK Ltd are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and experienced candidate to join their Procurement Department in Teesside.
Reporting directly to the Procurement Manager, the successful candidate will be assisting to fulfil the Procurement duties on a day-to-day basis, from general administration duties, through to supplier management, contract negotiation and full project based procurement.
The role will be based at ABLE UK’s Seaton Port Site in Hartlepool, with a requirement to travel to Head Office in Billingham.
The position will command a competitive package, based on the candidate’s experience.
- You will be responsible for reviewing purchase requisitions, controlling the issue of purchase orders, tender management, vendor maintenance, supplier contract management and negotiation of costs to ensure excellent value for money solutions.
- You will be responsible for maintaining communication with all departments, building and keeping supplier relationships, ensuring goods and services are delivered efficiently whilst ensuring that logistics costs are minimised.
- The successful candidate will have a background in procurement and purchasing, have the ability to manage multiple spend categories and suppliers.
- Be extremely responsive to acting on requests/ chasing information.
- Assist the Procurement Manager with procurement and query resolution.
- Communicate and provide information by relevant methods internally and externally, to assist and enable organisational operations and effective service between sites and suppliers.
- Ensuring all work is completed in an accurate and timely manner and dealing with all queries promptly and efficiently as and when they arise.
- You will be expected to attend and contribute to departmental and supplier meetings and liaise with other parts of the business when necessary.
- Assist managing multiple sourcing projects at any given time.
- Site and Project based procurement when required.
- Drafting and negotiating supply contracts.
- Assist managing supplier performance.
- Manage, organise and update relevant information using procurement database.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- You will have a background in procurement and purchasing, have the ability to manage multiple spend categories and suppliers.
- A strong understanding of contract law and strong IT skills, the role also requires excellent communication skills, self-motivation and an analytical, problem solving mentality.
- Full drivers licence, as role may require candidate to work from North East sites.
- You will be career minded with the ambition and desire to contribute to the continued success of your team. It is essential that you are a strong character with a dynamic and professional approach.
- CIPS qualified or currently studying towards CIPS is desirable.
- Worked as part of an estimating team, but not essential.
- Site based experience would be desirable.
- Understands construction drawings and plans is desirable.
- Experience in, or, understands Earthworks, Civil Engineering/Steel Fabrication industries would be desirable but not essential.
- Able to manage sourcing projects to tight timescales and engage and influence multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrate competency in planning, conflict management, negotiation and team work.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, with focus on Microsoft Excel.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ambitious and motivated personality.
- Strong Negotiation skills.
Please send your CV to our Recruitment Email Address: email@example.com
Return To Vacancies...