APPRENTICE QUANTITY SURVEYOR
Posted on the :
Established in 1966 ABLE is the market leader in marine decommissioning and demolition and is now a significant land developer and port operator.
The Teesside based Able Group is focussed on tackling some of our society’s most pressing sustainability challenges and is a key strategic player in the UK’s bid to create a fourfold increase in the country’s offshore renewable energy output.
To help achieve this, Able is providing and developing new bespoke port facilities on both the River Tees and the River Humber, with the latter set to establish one of Europe’s most extensive new industrial offshore wind clusters. These activities are fully supported by Government and the Humber facility has secured Freeport Tax Site status.
The Group also remains a European market leader in the receipt and disposal of redundant oil and gas structures, achieving a c. 99%+ recycling rate at its Able Seaton Port near Hartlepool.
As a major landowner across the north of England – including one of the UK’s largest vehicle storage and distribution centres near Immingham in Humberside, the property development arm of the Group is committed to delivering environmentally friendly solutions that best serve the needs of supporting communities.
The privately owned Group can demonstrate a long and considerable track record of investment, and this is further underwritten by its overriding and passionate approach to making a positive difference in every sphere of its activities.
Due to the above, the group is continually growing, and we are currently looking for an Apprentice Quantity Surveyor to join our team.
- As the Apprentice Quantity Surveyor (QS) you will report to the Commercial Manager ensuring effective delivery of the commercial business function as instructed;
- You must be well organised, capable, reliable with a good understanding of Microsoft office package;
- The company operates within the fields of property development, estates management, heavy civil engineering, construction, port operations, marine decommissioning (onshore), offshore wind integration campaigns (onshore), demolition and waste management. You will be trained to become cognisant of, and adaptable to, the company contracts, client bespoke contracts, Standard construction contracts (NEC and the like) and commercial requirements;
- Able House (with the potential to travel to other Able UK Locations)
- Carry out the role with due regard to company SHEQ procedures and practices;
- As an integrated member of the Project Management team you will be tasked with assisting the Commercial Manager, Estimator, Project Managers and the Senior Leadership team;
- You will be required to assist in the effective reporting on contract management detailing costs and value including contract variation control;
- You will be tasked in the preparation of documentation, including commercial reports and records;
- As an integrated member of the Project Management team you will assist the Project team in commercial activities;
You will be trained to become familiar with project scopes of work and to recognise when work is overlooked or duplicated, and to recognise change in project scope;
- Aid in monitoring overall progress and efficient use of resources, and learn to understand potential corrective actions;
- Assist in procurement activities, particularly requisitioning, and allocation of cost to correctproject areas (work breakdown structure (WBS));
- Assist in ensuring accurate booking of all costs, including but not limited to labour, plant and materials, to project WBS;
- Assist in the control project budgets and learn to recognise and take appropriate actions within company procedures if budget changes are recognised;
- Assist in preparation of project reports;
- Assist Commercial manager and Project Manager with the commercial control of projects as Client/Main Contractor and controlling Subcontract accounts;
- Under supervision assist in project administration; including invoicing and ensuring monthly project costs relevant to the scope of works are recorded;
- Be a member of the team who evaluate and assess project performance and assist to prepare appropriate regular reports including forecasting;
- Assist with project evaluation to assess project performance;
- Build and sustain effective professional communications and relationships with all project, and business parties;
- Assist Commercial Manager in managing and monitoring project cost and valuations and providing regular updates to Project team;
- Candidate to partake and complete: –
- BTEC Level 3 Construction in the Built Environment.
- Quantity Surveying BSC Degree or Construction Management BSC Degree.
- Or equivalent qualifications agreed with line manager and Senior Leadership Team.
So, if you’re eager to follow your career path as our Apprentice Quantity Surveyor, please send your CV to: email@example.com
Return To Vacancies...