Business Development Manager
Posted on the : 24th July 2018
ABLE UK is a significant Teesside owned and managed business with it’s headquarters at Billingham Reach Industrial Estate, Haverton Hill Road.
It is a market leader in marine decommissioning, a major land owner and developer across the north of England, particularly on the Tees and the Humber, and operates a number of ports. ABLE has a continually growing order book and has recently made a new and significant entry in to the offshore wind sector. To accommodate this growth and it’s ongoing investment programme, ABLE has created a range of new job opportunities including Business Development Manager.
ABLE are looking for an enthusiastic, organised and experienced candidate to join their Business Development Department at their Head Office in Billingham.
- Reporting directly to the Business Development Director, the successful candidate will play an essential role in maintaining the Group’s profile and activity across a range of business sectors.
The energy sector particularly:
- Offshore wind
- Oil and gas
- Port-related activities.
- Marine Decommissioning
Applicants need to demonstrate a successful track record and experience working in more than one of the relevant sectors.
The role will encompass:
- The identification of potential new leads and customers; including decision makers and relevant individuals.
- Researching and building relationships with potential new leads and customers.
- Seeking to match new customers with the Company’s existing skills and facilities.
- The identification and attendance at relevant conferences/exhibitions and to provide feedback on market trends.
- Identify opportunities for marketing campaigns that will lead to increased sales.
- Using knowledge of both the markets and competitors to identify and develop the Company’s unique selling propositions.
- In addition, the role will include regular engagement with public sector organisations, trade bodies, national and local government.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Pre-requisites for the candidate must include:
- Extensive IT skills, particularly in Excel
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- A flexible mind-set
- Experience and knowledge in at least 2 of the above sectors
- Extensive experience and knowledge in the following:
- Analysis of potential business opportunities and sites
- Marketing land and/or services and development opportunities
- Web-based and other forms of research
- Networking skills, including a range of relevant contacts
- Initial tender preparation and response
Ideally, but not essentially, an applicant will have some experience/knowledge of:
- Managing consultants.
- Legal issues surrounding property, including Leases, Easements, wayleaves etc.
- Estate/facilities management.
- Surveying or engineering.
- The role will be based at ABLE’s headquarters in Billingham with a requirement to travel to Able facilities on Teesside and Humberside.
- The position will command a competitive package, based on the candidate’s experience.
- Working hours: 08:00 – 17:00 (16:00 Friday), however due to the nature of the role there will be out of office hours requirements along with some weekend working.
If you meet the above criteria please download and fill out the ABLE application form here (PDF / Word)
Then send your CV and application form to email@example.com
Return To Vacancies...