DEMOLITION AND STRUCTURAL PROJECT ENGINEER
Posted on the :
- As the Demolition and Structural Project Engineer you will be an integral part of the management team, you will be responsible for preparing, scheduling, co-ordinating and monitoring the engineering aspects of the assigned destruct projects.
- Preparation and maintenance of technical documents; including project briefs and specifications.
- You will assist the Project Manager in preparation of contract documents, programmes and other progress reports.
- You will be required to assist incoming tenders and write and assess reports to support the submission.
- You will take ownership of the project information supplied by the “Client” and ensure all calculation and data are correct.
- Assist in the delivery of projects, ensure that all aspects of the engineer activities are well planned with all possible scenarios accounted for and executed in a safe manor.
- You will be responsible for all technical aspect of the project to ensure all queries are raised to and challenged to guarantee programme and cost efficiency.
ABLE ORGANISATION (SIMPLIFIED)
- Operations Director
- Demolition Contract Manager
- Demolition and Structural Project Engineer
- Compliance with Company and Project safety, health, environmental and quality regulations
- Review incoming reports and drawings and provide feedback where necessary to optimise design.
- Researching and undertaking studies as appropriate to skills level (for example on materials/equipment/methods and options).
- Assist and produce RAMS and associated documentation to facilitate works to be carried out safely and to design specification.
- Responsible for developing solutions by preparing and checking engineering methods, drawings, calculations and other documents to ensure a safe and cost-effective execution of the project.
- Prepare and check all engineering documents including engineering calculations in order to evaluate, select, and test appropriate operations.
- Able to perform Structural calculations.
- Verify suitability of ABLE & 3rd party equipment and methods.
- Ensure the engineering plan is followed when executing the job.
- Advise Operations of the accuracy and performance of engineering solutions to be applied to projects, to ensure that the engineering solutions are in line with the requirements of Operations.
- Ensure that the calculations are checked and approved by yourself and then by Design Director as required.
- Record, execute and maintain technical document and data in line with internal ABLE requirements.
- Able to multi task and work on multiple projects.
- Attend meetings with Commercial and Operations teams to establish the clients’ exact requirements, and agree deadlines for submission of documentation.
- A good understanding of EC3 (EN1991).
- Maintain site records in electronic and paper format.
- Liaise with clients, suppliers, and consultants.
- Liaise with sub-contractors working on the project, and ensure they understand Able requirements.
- Assist in the planning of project and monitor productivity against this, ensuring any changes to the project are managed accordingly.
- Agree and manage project engineering budget and control spending.
- To review in co-operation with the project management team, the overall programme for areas of responsibility including sub-contractor programmes. To identify any problem areas in the programmes, discuss with the team and agree solution.
- Identify and highlight project engineering changes and deal with these appropriately.
- Provide guidance and direction to the project engineering team.
- Contributing to safety and quality during project design, engineering and execution.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have evidenced technical qualifications applicable to projects management.
- Must be competent and have suitable experience, gained in the field of structural / mechanical engineering with a proven track record.
- Engineering degree in Mechanical or Structural.
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD 2D & 3D
- High level of self-motivation
- Must have excellent communication skills and be competent in Microsoft Office.
- A good level of commercial awareness
- Ability to manage Junior Engineers within the team
ABLE UK EMPLOYEE’S HANDBOOK
ABLE issues all employees with a handbook, which will constitute the company’s policies and procedures, which you are required to comply with.
These roles and responsibilities are accurate to the date shown above, but in consultation with you, may be changed by the Chief Operating Officer to reflect or anticipate changes in the job. You will be expected to undertake any other duties as specified by your Line Manager and/or the Senior Management Team.
If you meet the above criteria please download and fill out the ABLE application form here (PDF / Word)
Then send your CV and application form to email@example.com
Return To Vacancies...