DESTRUCT PROJECT MANAGER
Posted on the :
ABLE UK has recently welcomed the third Shell Brent platform to their Able Seaton Port (ASP) in Hartlepool. Able invested £28million in constructing this new facility, including one of the strongest quays in Europe, to meet the requirements for handling the Brent platforms—and putting the company at the forefront of the growing demand for decommissioning platforms as they come to the end of their operational lives. ABLE has a strong order book and is also currently engaged with the c. 48,000t, ExxonMobil Sable Island project from Canada.
ABLE is a market leader in marine decommissioning, a major land owner and developer across the north of England, particularly on the Tees and the Humber, and operates a number of ports. In the 2021 Budget the Government announced significant support for the Able Marine Energy Park to develop new quays and attract a ‘world-scale’ offshore wind industrial cluster to the Humber.
A new opportunity has arisen at Able UK Ltd, offering a fantastic long term career opportunity. The successful candidate will be MANAGING THE ONSHORE DESTRUCT, DECOMMISSIONING AND DISMANTLING OF REDUNDANT OFFSHORE TOPSIDES, JACKETS, JACK-UP AND FLOATING STRUCTURES.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing day to day oversight and direction to the multi-disciplined team reporting to the ASP General Manager. To ensure ABLE discharge their contractual obligation, to manage & control the execution of specific projects from order acceptance through to final account submittal on specific projects allocated to their care.
- Ensure all costs in relevant projects are kept under control and in line with budget/targets and the Company Cost and Valuation reporting procedure. Ensure safety standards are met at all times
- Monitoring of compliance and regulatory requirements within the CDM regulations including keeping updated with current and new legislation.
- Lead the overall regular project review meetings, identify problem areas, and ensure that corrective actions are initiated. Management and administration of contract activities & production of regular reports – internal/external based on progress, risks, etc.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on progress vs plan and budgets. Realise contract growth through the variation process to maximise project margins.
- Working with Destruct managers and leaders, to ensure that both technical and support resources and plant are deployed effectively to meet project requirements
- Monitor performance against plan of both internal and external stakeholders and implement corrective actions and recovery plans as required ensuring project goals are achieved.
- As a Project Delivery Leader, model exemplary behaviour regarding safe work performance and attention to health, environmental and quality standards and when applicable the ABLE Permit to work system is used.
- Interface with purchasing department through Company procedures, to ensure the needs of the site is delivered in a timely manner.
- Ensure that detailed method statements and risk assessments are in place and implemented prior to any task or work activity commencing and that a safe system of work is in operation at all times.
- Liaise with the QHSSE and HR Departments for training or occupational health surveillance requirements prior to operatives commencing on site and to maintain validity of training and certification.
- Ensure copies of operative training certification and occupational health certificates (medical surveillance) are maintained on site and a register detailing type of training course and competency is available.
- Ensure hazard identification assessments are carried out, prior to any works commencing, all hazardous materials to be removed were possible and that the necessary precautions are taken at all times, the relevant COSHH information is maintained and communicated to all operatives under your control.
- Ensure statutory tests and examinations have been carried out on plant and equipment including all lifting equipment as per LOLER regulations, and that up-to-date certification and registers are available and all lifting operations have a Lift Plan. Assist in site audits, inspections, monthly and weekly meetings.
- Inform Principal Designer of any revision or amendments to the plan via the management of change procedure.
- Act as a role model and mentor to developing Project Engineers, technical, and support staff. To forge positive relationships with clients, staff and management.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have evidenced technical qualifications applicable to projects management. Preferably at least one of the following;
- CCDO Demolition Manager NVQ level 6,
- Construction Senior Management NVQ level 7,
- Must be competent and have suitable experience, gained in the field of destruct and demolition with a proven track record.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be competent in Microsoft Office. Suitable experience in developing programmes under P6, Project, FastTrack or similar.
ABLE UK EMPLOYEE’S HANDBOOK
ABLE issues all employees with a handbook, which will constitute the Company’s policies and procedures, which you are required to comply with.
These roles and responsibilities are accurate to the date shown above, but in consultation with you, may be changed by the Chief Operating Officer to reflect or anticipate changes in the job. You will be expected to undertake any other duties as specified by your Line Manager and/or the Senior Management Team.
- The position will be based at ABLE SEATON PORT, Hartlepool.
- The position will command a competitive package, based on the candidate’s experience.
- Applicants need to demonstrate a successful track record and experience of working within a similar role.
- Standard working hours: 08:00 – 17:00 (16:00 Friday) hours may vary depending on the project requirements
If you meet the above criteria please download and fill out the ABLE application form here (PDF / Word)
Then send your CV and application form to email@example.com
Return To Vacancies...