Posted on the :
Established in 1966 ABLE is the market leader in marine decommissioning and demolition and is now a significant land developer and port operator.
The Teesside based Able Group is focussed on tackling some of our society’s most pressing sustainability challenges and is a key strategic player in the UK’s bid to create a fourfold increase in the country’s offshore renewable energy output.
To help achieve this, Able is providing and developing new bespoke port facilities on both the River Tees and the River Humber, with the latter set to establish one of Europe’s most extensive new industrial offshore wind clusters. These activities are fully supported by Government and the Humber facility has secured Freeport Tax Site status.
The Group also remains a European market leader in the receipt and disposal of redundant oil and gas structures, achieving a c. 99%+ recycling rate at its Able Seaton Port near Hartlepool.
As a major landowner across the north of England – including one of the UK’s largest vehicle storage and distribution centres near Immingham in Humberside, the property development arm of the Group is committed to delivering environmentally friendly solutions that best serve the needs of supporting communities.
The privately owned Group can demonstrate a long and considerable track record of investment, and this is further underwritten by its overriding and passionate approach to making a positive difference in every sphere of its activities.
Due to the above, the group is continually growing, and we are currently looking for a Group Buyer to join our team.
- Able are seeking a Group Buyer who will form a key part of the next phase of growth and development of our diverse and multi-functional group.
- Able are a market leader in the marine decommissioning sector, a property developer with circa 8,000 acres of land under ownership and a key player in the development of the UK’s offshore wind sector through provision of port facilities.
- As Group Buyer you will be the individual responsible to the Finance Director (FD) for management of the Group Procurement function, encompassing delivery of all purchasing and procurement matters within the Able Group.
- You should seek to constantly balance delivering on the contractual requirements of the business in a timely manner, with best value procurement through pro-active buying activities.
- You must be aware of the company’s needs, handle daily business issues with orders where necessary and report to the FD any issues.
- You must be well organised, capable, reliable, commercially aware and able to use experience gained in the construction, land development, demolition, decommissioning and/or waste management sectors to aid the commercial management activities within the Group.
- You will be responsible for the procurement of materials, goods and services and special project procurement.
- Other areas of responsibility include negotiation, planning and production.
- Manage, support, mentor and develop the procurement team including the Buyer.
- Finance Director (FD)
- Dotted line to Executive Chairman (EC)
LINE MANAGER RESPONSIBILITY
- Able House, Billingham (with travel as required to other Able UK locations.)
- To take ownership of all purchasing and procurement requirements within the Group.
- Manage administrative roles within the procurement department as part of the procurement function, including the upkeep of departmental records, data spreadsheets and vendor details.
- Liaising directly with Project Managers for the specific project requirements.
- Maintain relationships with key suppliers and clients, both internal and external.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices.
- Ensure all orders are approved in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure supplier compliance with site and company requirements for safety.
- Identify and obtain any support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the scope of works.
- Aiding in the production of stakeholder/department/project cost evaluation sheets relating to the procurement function. Present your analysis and opinion in the form of a recommendation to proceed. Use initiative to evaluate proposals, drive best value and “think outside of the box”.
- Maintain the Approved Vendor Database.
- Complete vendor audits.
- Plan and manage the deployment of resources to meet your job scope.
- Build and sustain effective communications with other roles involved in the project as required.
- As an employee of Able Group, you are expected to familiarise yourself with the company’s Management System Policies and to work in accordance with its requirements.
- Develop tools and reports to monitor procurement related expenditure.
- Assist the preparation of tenders by the Commercial team as required.
- Track the status of orders.
- Apply quality management principles and process in accordance with ISO 9001.
- Line manager responsibility for the Buyer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- CIPS Diploma in Procurement and Supply or equivalent of experience and ability
- Relevant industry experience
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary to be discussed
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Regular training and career development
- 21 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), an extra 1 day per year up to 25 days (plus Bank Holidays)
This is a full-time position (41.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday).
So, if you’re eager to follow your career path as our Group Buyer, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return To Vacancies...