Port & Logistics Manager
Posted on the : 24th July 2018
ABLE UK is a significant Teesside owned and managed business with it’s headquarters at Billingham Reach Industrial Estate, Haverton Hill Road.
It is a market leader in marine decommissioning, a major land owner and developer across the north of England, particularly on the Tees and the Humber, and operates a number of ports. ABLE has a continually growing order book and has recently made a new and significant entry in to the offshore wind sector. To accommodate this growth, and it’s ongoing investment programme, ABLE has created a range of new job opportunities includingthe role of Port & Logistics Manager.
ABLE are looking for an enthusiastic, professional and experienced candidate, capable of establishing a Logistics Division to operate efficiently and effectively within Able UK Ltd.
- Reporting directly to the Operations Director, the successful candidate will play an essential role in maximising the utilisation of;
- Port land
- All marine movements of rigs, vessels, barges and pontoons.
- Port buildings and
- Port logistics including port plant and equipment.
- Lifting equipment
- Jacking equipment
- You will be required to review and improve where possible, all existing methods and procedures that relate to the above ensuring that any improvements identified are implemented, managed and monitored.
- You will be responsible for producing appropriate business plans, budgets and control reporting.
- We require the Port & Logistics Manager to effectively communicate and interact with Project Managers and clients moored at all Able UK quays.
- You will be required to manage the sales and marketing activity of port operations and logistics working with the Business Development and Marketing department.
- The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of a wide range of port and logistic topics.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- A degree and/or professional qualification relevant to the role.
- Extensive IT skills, particularly in Excel.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Analytical and report writing skills.
- Applicants need to demonstrate a successful track record and experience working within a similar role
- The role will be based at ABLE’s headquarters in Billingham with a requirement to travel to Able facilities on Teesside and Humberside.
- The position will command a competitive package, based on the candidate’s experience.
Working hours: 08:00 – 17:00 (16:00 Friday), however due to the nature of the role there will be out of office hours requirements along with some weekend working.
If you meet the above criteria please download and fill out the ABLE application form here (PDF / Word)
Then send your CV and application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Return To Vacancies...