Posted on the :
ABLE UK is a significant Teesside owned and managed business with its headquarters at Billingham Reach Industrial Estate, Haverton Hill Road.
It is a market leader in marine decommissioning, a major land owner and developer across the north of England, particularly on the Tees and the Humber, and operates a number of ports. ABLE has a continually growing order book and has recently made a new and significant entry in to the offshore wind sector. To accommodate this growth and its ongoing investment program, ABLE has created a range of new job opportunities including the role of Project Engineer.
Able UK Ltd are looking for an enthusiastic, professional and experienced candidate to join their Engineering Department at their Head Office in Billingham. The successful candidate will have around 10 years experience in design and/or management of civil or structural engineering projects.
This role is varied and would suit applicants who are currently working in a consultancy role but wish to build upon and expand their areas of practice.
• Design in concrete and steel;
• Carrying out the role of principal designer under the CDM Regulations;
• Interpretation of ground investigation reports;
• Preparation of technical documents, including project briefs and specifications, good report writing skills are essential;
• Preparation of contract documents;
• Analysing incoming tenders and preparing tender reports;
• Assisting with the preparation of tender submissions;
• Researching and undertaking studies as appropriate to skills level (for example on materials/equipment/methods and options);
• Preparation and monitoring of work programmes using MS Project;
• Managing, and liaison with, suppliers and sub-consultants;
• Reviewing incoming reports and drawings;
• Maintaining records;
• Contributing to safety and quality during project design and execution;
• Monitoring compliance with CDM Regulations 2015
• Maintaining electronic and paper records
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• BSc Civil or Structural Engineering;
• Chartered membership of an engineering institution;
• Extensive IT skills: Autocad, MS Project, MS Office package.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
• The position will command a competitive package, based on the candidate’s experience.
• Applicants need to demonstrate a successful track record and experience working within a similar role.
• Standard working hours: 08:00 – 17:00 (16:00 Friday).
Then send your CV and application form to email@example.comReturn To Vacancies...