Posted on the :
Established in 1966 ABLE is the market leader in marine decommissioning and demolition and is now a significant land developer and port operator.
The Teesside based Able Group is focussed on tackling some of our society’s most pressing sustainability challenges and is a key strategic player in the UK’s bid to create a fourfold increase in the country’s offshore renewable energy output.
To help achieve this, Able is providing and developing new bespoke port facilities on both the River Tees and the River Humber, with the latter set to establish one of Europe’s most extensive new industrial offshore wind clusters. These activities are fully supported by Government and the Humber facility has secured Freeport Tax Site status.
The Group also remains a European market leader in the receipt and disposal of redundant oil and gas structures, achieving a c. 99%+ recycling rate at its Able Seaton Port near Hartlepool.
As a major landowner across the north of England – including one of the UK’s largest vehicle storage and distribution centres near Immingham in Humberside, the property development arm of the Group is committed to delivering environmentally friendly solutions that best serve the needs of supporting communities.
The privately owned Group can demonstrate a long and considerable track record of investment, and this is further underwritten by its overriding and passionate approach to making a positive difference in every sphere of its activities.
Due to the above, the group is continually growing, and we are currently looking for a Property Manager to join our team.
The key specifications for this role will include:
- Chartered Surveyor with a minimum of 5 year’s PQE with experience
- Ability to draft and advise on a wide range of commercial contracts
- You will be able to work self-sufficiently
- The ideal candidate will not only be an exceptional surveyor but will also be highly commercially aware and provide pragmatic advice and support to help the Senior Leadership Team to create value by making key tactical and strategic decisions.
- You are expected to work effectively with external professional expert, maintaining productive and cost-effective relationships to deliver an exceptional Legal service to the Group.
- Thinking commercially and providing strategic business insight.
- Thinking strategically and be able to solve complex problems.
- Taking a proactive, performance focused approach.
- Having integrity and accountability and be focused on delivering effective outcomes.
- Representing and promoting mission and values.
- Confident decision-maker.
- Having excellent written, verbal and numerical skills.
- Flexibility to deal with competing priorities and deadlines
- People management experience would be beneficial but is not essential
OBJECTIVES OF ROLE
- As the Property Manager, you will be responsible for the management of the Group Property portfolio located in the UK.
- Marketing and leasing a c. 7,000-acre of Port, industrial and agricultural land property portfolio.
- Identifying opportunities to acquire land.
- Building and developing relationships with surveyors and clients to establish new contacts and develop new opportunities.
- Delivering best value in property related costs, ensuring routine rates reviews are undertaken, managing and reviewing maintenance and repair costs and managing the day to day needs of the Company’s property portfolio.
- Deliver a very professional service.
- Relevant consultants and subcontractors.
- Able House, Billingham Reach Industrial Estate (with travel as required to other Able UK locations).
- Working to assist and support the Business Development Director, Legal Director and EC in providing property management reports and information on the property portfolio.
- Maintaining detailed records for the property portfolio and ensuring that the company complies with all relevant legislation and contractual obligations.
- Ensuring all information is passed through the finance department in order they can raise invoices in a timely and efficient manner.
- Managing enquiries and responding to prospective clients as agreed with the EC.
- Respond to tenant requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner.
- Answering existing tenant enquiries regarding aspects of their lease and property.
- Ensuring tenants are kept fully informed of any works and or developments.
- Ensuring that the developments are environmentally friendly.
- Identification of cost efficiencies and savings.
- Providing quarterly property management reports in a format agreed with the EC.
- Ensuring that planned maintenance and refurbishment works are followed to adequately maintain all assets.
- Conduct annual and thorough risk assessments for the Company’s property portfolio.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant statutory and regulatory matters, e.g. licensing, planning, environmental, occupancy, ventilation, certification etc. .
- Procure and maintain a library on the companies document control system of all relevant documentation for portfolio of sites/properties.
- Maintain a summary of insurances in an excel workbook.
- Preparing and managing service charge budgets, analysing variances and taking corrective actions.
- Managing dilapidations’ surveys/assessments as may be required.
- Compliance with Company and Project safety, health, environment, and quality regulations.
So, if you’re eager to follow your career path as a Property Manager, please send your CV to: email@example.com
Return To Vacancies...